His sexual orientation becomes important when the generic image of “gay” put out there for the average news consumer, is negative, and when folks are allowed to think they don’t know of any gay people, or know of any gay people who don’t fit the negative stereotypical hate stuff. But if the positive folks aren’t identified and celebrated at the time, then when will this become known? It is like making sure that these facts get entered into history, while history is being written.
- Queer Films: a list and an exercise in sharing who we are.
But in the midst of this 'life as political advocacy,'
- Democrats Challenge PA Elected Officials: Please Vote for Them!
Philadelphia Gay News has a really great post with
- So much work to do to end child abuse, but fighting gay marriage isn’t a part of it.
The story linked here was in my news feed today, and
- Election 2014: The US Senate and LGBTQ Rights
Marriage in and of itself, may not be the stumbling
- Get Connected: Western PA LGBTQ Twitter Accounts
Twitter has become a valuable tool for the sharing of
- Will jocks end homophobia? 12 comments
- Brooke Hemphill doesn't understand the difference between Identity and Orientation. 7 comments
- Is there progress on Pittsburgh's investigation into the police incident at Pittsburgh Pride? 6 comments
- The Ending of Domestic Partnerships in Allegheny County. 5 comments
- Was there Police Brutality at Pittsburgh Pride 2014? 5 comments
- A Gay Man Sees Walldogs 4 comments