His sexual orientation becomes important when the generic image of “gay” put out there for the average news consumer, is negative, and when folks are allowed to think they don’t know of any gay people, or know of any gay people who don’t fit the negative stereotypical hate stuff. But if the positive folks aren’t identified and celebrated at the time, then when will this become known? It is like making sure that these facts get entered into history, while history is being written.
- Should we seek marriage equality at the ballot box?
Should efforts and resources be spent towards getting
- A look at why national marriage rights matter.
I so often hear people talk about LA or NYC- as if in
- The search for Pittsburgh’s new police chief and Ferguson MO
Who the City hires as a new police chief will be
- Gender, sex and the fallacy of monolithic communities.
It is structural and systemic- that we draw fault
- Why so many marriage cases?
But in reality, we can't afford to not have same-sex
- Will jocks end homophobia? 12 comments
- Is there progress on Pittsburgh's investigation into the police incident at Pittsburgh Pride? 6 comments
- The Ending of Domestic Partnerships in Allegheny County. 5 comments
- Was there Police Brutality at Pittsburgh Pride 2014? 5 comments
- Does Parody Become a Capital Offense? 3 comments
- Phyllis Schlafly and the new American racism. 3 comments
- Gender, sex and the fallacy of monolithic communities. | thomascwaters.com on Open letter to Nelson Garcia: Transgender is not a disease.
- Why so many marriage cases? | thomascwaters.com on Will same sex marriage see our first appeals loss next week?
- pgh_QUILTBAG on A Gay Man Sees Walldogs
- PghLesbian24 on Pittsburgh Pride After 2014
- Pittsburgh Pride After 2014 | thomascwaters.com on Is there progress on Pittsburgh’s investigation into the police incident at Pittsburgh Pride?