His sexual orientation becomes important when the generic image of “gay” put out there for the average news consumer, is negative, and when folks are allowed to think they don’t know of any gay people, or know of any gay people who don’t fit the negative stereotypical hate stuff. But if the positive folks aren’t identified and celebrated at the time, then when will this become known? It is like making sure that these facts get entered into history, while history is being written.
- Preaching as Hate Speech
This pastor doesn't intend to be so hateful (even as
- Language and the Transgender Community
Language for trans persons is not only a challenge to
- The problem with hookups.
Addiction or not, what Brathwaite describes doing is
- The Business Argument for Full LGBTQ Equality and Rights
The quote below is from an amici brief filed regarding
- Bridal Shower Sans Bride
For the last person at work who got married, my
- Will jocks end homophobia? 12 comments
- Phyllis Schlafly and the new American racism. 3 comments
- A Gay Man Sees Company! 3 comments
- The Ins and Outs of Outing and Coming Out, part 1 3 comments
- Aravosis digs himself in deeper citing gaydar. 3 comments
- Trans student first to play on HS softball team. 2 comments
- Language and the Transgender Community — thomascwaters.com on Facebook gives voice to trans persons and spearheads awareness.
- tcwaters on The problem with hookups.
- thomascwaters.com on Why the Public Library
- VannevarB on Why Is Jack Running for Governor?
- Follow up: Racist Action at Mississippi University — thomascwaters.com on What racism looks like in 2014.