The language used to talk about gay, lesbian, bi, trans and queer folks and issues is important especially in the mainstream media but really everywhere. We all serve as advocates for change when we help someone come to understand better language to discuss us and the issues impacting us. And it doesn’t have to be hard or confrontational! All you have to do is alert someone of the GLAAD media guide.
- KYS, Stigma, HIV, and Hornet
I received an email today regarding HIV and stigma
- Guest Post: What’s it like coming out in different areas of the country?
Blogger’s note: a few weeks ago, I received a
- Are you a good trans ally?
Controversy is swirling regarding Kate Pierson’s
- Is coming out easier in 2014?
The linked article and video are worth your time so
- HIV and PrEP
One of the biggest developments since they first
- Will jocks end homophobia? 12 comments
- Brooke Hemphill doesn't understand the difference between Identity and Orientation. 7 comments
- Is there progress on Pittsburgh's investigation into the police incident at Pittsburgh Pride? 6 comments
- The Ending of Domestic Partnerships in Allegheny County. 5 comments
- Was there Police Brutality at Pittsburgh Pride 2014? 5 comments
- A Gay Man Sees Walldogs 4 comments